Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Party this Saturday

This Saturday I will be having a party at my house. While parties during the holidays are not unusual this is a pretty cool party to have. This party has been around for about 40 years or more.

When my parents were in college they had/made friends with 3 other couples. Throughout the years I spend many a day with them and their families. We are just called The Group. That seemed the best way to describe it, however, Gang of Random Spontaneous Fun would probably be a better description. When I was growing up there were parties for any occasion that we could find an excuse to get together. There was the Christmas party every year and their was also the dreaded 40th birthday party. I will have to do a whole post on the 40th parties!

As the years passed people moved, babies were born, spouses have changed, but once a year we all stop and gather to remember the good ole days and share what has happened in our lives over the past year. The party rotates between houses and my generation has also taken over part of the rotation as well.

This Saturday when about 20 people come to my house ranging in ages from 2.5 and up (people older than me, but not old!). My house will become their house and we will spend the afternoon and evening laughing, sharing and wishing we did this more than once a year.

It is my hope that everyone has a party like this in their lives. If you don't then you should start one!

No comments:

Post a Comment