Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Car trips

Remember when you had to take a trip in the car with your family and there was nothing to entertain you? You had to either sit and look out the window or interact with your family and play goofy games.

These are the things I remember doing to pass the time on long car trips.

I Spy
Alphabet with either the signs or license plates
How many state plates could find. Since I lived in Texas we did not play this much.
Twenty Questions

I tried to explain Slug Bug to Maddy the other day and she just rolled her eyes and said that was about the stupidest thing she had heard. Why on earth would you hit someone because a car went by.

Finally when I was a bit older the walkman came out and then for a little while you could do your own thing in the car.


Now kids don't know how long a trip is in time or miles, just how many movies until we get there. They have freaking video games in the car when they travel now as well.

I think that time when you were pretty much forced to interact with the family was a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment