Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why I don't get things done.

I like to think of myself as an organized efficient person, but lately I don't seem to get as much done as I would like on a daily basis. The day slips by and even though I am busy, life keeps sidetracking me. Here are a few examples of why my To-Do list stays long.



Reasons one and two would be Bruiser and Maddy. He is very much a puppy and demands lots of play time. Maddy has decided Bruiser is her little brother and she torments him constantly as a big sister should. They get to playing and he is growling, acting all tough and she is laughing like crazy. He is a good smart puppy and he never bites her. He saves that for the hubby.




Spring and summer make me want to be outside. This house does not give us much opportunity to be outside so I tend to spend a lot of time with the roses I am growing. I have grown (no pun intended) quite fond of my roses and I like to check on the new growth, arrange them in vases. I declare my roses reason number three.


The kitchen seems to keep me very busy. I clean it at least twice a day. Between breakfast, lunch and dinner there is always something that needs to be done in the kitchen. I like to bake so when I have spare time I am trying to find something new to bake. That really makes the kitchen messy. So kitchen I declare you a distraction in my day as well.




Last but not least the biggest time vampire of my day is the Internet. I find myself constantly looking things up. I get an idea for dinner so I have to look up a recipe. A bright idea to help Maddy get a concept at school so I have to look it up. I decide on a project I want to do in my "spare" time so I have to look it up. Or maybe during the day I have to post on my blog instead of dusting like I should be doing right now.





2 comments:

  1. You know, when you click on the picture of Maddie and the dog, you can see the demon eyes (of the dog, not Maddie)! It's a funny picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We are having way too much fun with Bruiser and I have lots of devil eye pictures. He is amazing though, he makes so much noise when he plays with her but he never ever bites her.

    How is Shredder? He is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete